skip to Main Content

Application Procedures

Determine your Region

NC has four RALC offices available to assist school districts in the licensing of educators. Employed provisionally licensed teachers and school social workers should apply to the center that serves their employing school system. For a list of counties and schools served by each region, please select the Contact page.


Click here for application. You must register your personal email address to begin the application process. Instructions for the application and registration are included on the login page.

Supporting Documentation

The following supporting documentation must be available for uploading when applying. The RALC reserves the right to request sealed, official documents if necessary.

    • Official transcripts from all community colleges, colleges, and universities where you have earned credits are required. The type of degree, date earned, and GPA must be shown on the transcript where applicable. Applications received without official transcripts will be denied. It is permissible for you to open sealed transcripts, scan, and upload to your online application.
    • The RALC will accept clear, unaltered copies of official test scores, if applicable. See the News & Resources page for test information.
    • A copy of the license and DPI requirement letter must be submitted with the application for teachers holding a provisional  license.
    • International applicants must submit official documentation of eligibility to work in the United States, official international transcripts, an official translation, and a course-by-course evaluation from an international education evaluation service. See the News & Resources page for a link to locate international education evaluation services.
Back To Top
Rollover For Course Disclaimer

Lateral Entry Courses FAQ Section

The RALC does not evaluate transcripts to provide the applicant with a list of eligible areas. The applicant must specify the areas of interest. CTE areas require employment prior to becoming licensed. Information for CTE licensure is found at Contact the CTE Director at the school system you are interested in working with for more information.