Effective April 15, 2019, the RALC no longer accepts applications for lateral entry plans of study. However, the RALC will continue accepting applications for provisionally licensed teachers, including CTE Restricted Provisionals and School Social Workers.
Determine your Region
NC has four Regional Alternative Licensing Centers (RALC) available to assist school districts in the licensing of teachers, and school social workers. Employed lateral or provisionally licensed teachers, and school social workers should apply to the center that serves their employing school system. For a list of counties and schools served by each region, please select the Contact page.
- Apply for a plan of study online by clicking here . You must register your personal email address to begin the application process. Instructions for the application and registration are included on the login page.
- Supporting Documentation
The following supporting documentation must be available for uploading when applying. The RALC reserves the right to request sealed, official documents if necessary.
- Official transcripts from all community colleges, colleges, and universities where you have earned credits are required. The type of degree, date earned, and GPA must be shown on the transcript where applicable. Applications received without official transcripts will be denied. It is permissible for you to open sealed transcripts, scan, and upload to your online application.
- The RALC will accept clear, unaltered copies of official test scores, if applicable. See the News & Resources page for test information.
- A copy of the license and DPI requirement letter must be submitted with the application for teachers holding a provisional (restricted) CTE license.
- International applicants must submit official documentation of eligibility to work in the United States, official international transcripts, an official translation, and a course-by-course evaluation from an international education evaluation service. See the News & Resources page for a link to locate international education evaluation services.
How Long Will It Take To Hear From The RALC?
- The time frame for an evaluation depends on the volume of pending requests.
- Your application is not complete until all required documentation is received.
- Only complete applications are evaluated.
- Once evaluations are completed, you will receive notification via email.