Clearing The RALC Plan Of Study
All lateral entry licensed teachers must complete requirements and be recommended for a clear license no later than June 30, 2022.
- Complete all prescribed coursework on your RALC plan of study.
- Satisfy the NC licensure exams as outlined in the requirements letter from DPI’s Licensure Section.
- Teach successfully for one school year in a NC public or charter school as evidenced by a summary evaluation from your employing school system (all standards must be rated “Proficient” or higher).
Your employing school system will submit the following paperwork to the RALC:
- Request for Employed Teachers Form
- Legible copy of official transcript
- NC State Board approved license exam/s (if applicable)
- Competency Verification Form (CVF)
- CEUs (if applicable)
- Teacher Evaluation Summary Rating Form (most recent copy)
- Form C (if applicable)
- Request to add additional areas to license with supporting documentation (if applicable)